This works on the new macOS Sierra only. Let’s see how it works
- Your Mac running macOS Sierra beta 2 or later
- Your Apple watch running watchOS 3 beta 2 or later
- Both your Mac and apple watch must be linked to the same iCloud account
- The Passcode must be enabled on the Apple Watch
- Two-Step Verification on Mac must be enabled
How it works?
Step 1: Firstly, you need to turn on Two-Step Verification on your Mac
Access System Preferences → then Click on iCloud → Account Details → Select Security → Turn On Two-factor Authentication.
Step 2: Set a passcode on your Apple watch
Open Watch app on your iPhone → select My Watch → Access Passcode → Turn Passcode On → Now, on your Apple Watch, just enter then re-enter a passcode.
Step 3: Set Allow your Apple Watch to unlock your Mac
From the Apple Logo, access System Preferences
Choose Security & Privacy
Under General tab, make sure the “Allow your Apple Watch to unlock your Mac” is checked.
You will be asked to confirm the change with your Mac’s password. You will see “Turning On” message on the screen.
Done! You now can lock your Mac and try wake wearing your smartwatch, you will see “Unlocking with Apple Watch” message on the screen.