MacOS Sierra 10.12 has just been released in Beta version. Look at our instruction to migrate Bootable MacOS Sierra into your USB drive quickly in some steps under Mac OS X.
Before everything, you should check if your Mac belongs to the List of Macs Compatible with MacOS Sierra 10.12
An USB or External Hard Drive - 16GB or larger.
Download MacOS Sierra 10.12 Beta Installer application App Store / Developer Center.
Otherwise, we shared a direct download link without apple store here.
- Get the USB drive connected to your Mac
- To be easy and clear for the further steps, I rename the USB to SierraInstaller (without space)
- Launch Terminal (Found in /Applications/Utilities/), then Enter the following command line:
> sudo /Applications/Install\ 10.12\ Developer\ Preview.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/SierraInstaller --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ 10.12\ Developer\ Preview.app --nointeraction &&say Done
- After you hit Return key (Enter), you may need to confirm your action by providing your admin password.
- It then take a while to get the whole process done. Here below is the successful result.
“Erasing Disk: 0%… 10%… 20%… 30%…100%…
Copying installer files to disk…
Making disk bootable…
Copying boot files…